World War 2 is one of the key events in human history. Countless lives were lost, families were destroyed... people forgot all that makes us human. From it, humanity learnt many lessons. To ensure that these lessons are not forgotten or lost in the annals of history, we must educate ourselves on the horrific events of WW2. This is a list of the most powerful books on WW2, which every reader should be familiar with.
1. "The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas" by John Boyne is a heart-breaking story, set during the Holocaust
2. "The Book Thief" by Markus Zusak is a brilliantly written book set in WW2 Germany
3. "The Nightingale" by Kristin Hannah tells the story of two sisters, trying to survive in Nazi-occupied France
4. "The Night in Lisbon" by Erich Maria Remarque tells the story of two German refugees in Lisbon at the start of WW2.
5. "The Tattooist of Auschwitz" by Heather Morris is a story of love and human kindness enduring in the face of barbarity during the darkest of times.
6. "All the Light We Cannot See" by Anthony Doerr is another book telling the story of the French resistance, set in the town of Saint-Malo.